Network Operator Quality Improvement Trends From QuEST Forum
DALLAS, March 26, 2013 /PRNewswire/ -- QuEST Forum released another report in the ongoing series on the state of quality in the information and communication technologies (ICT) industry at the 2013 APAC Best Practices Conference in Shenzhen, China.
Customers look to their service providers to fulfill the promises of new technologies and applications, which in turn, challenges the companies to continually improve the performance of the network and the products that support it. QuEST Forum is addressing this challenge on many fronts, one of which is the Network and Service Reliability Strategic Initiative. This initiative utilizes the secure framework of the TL 9000 Quality Management System (QMS) to establish a unique and flexible benchmarking model. It allows participating companies to define new relevant measures, submit monthly performance data anonymously and use the consolidated results to improve their performance.
The study highlights Global Service Impact (GSI) which measures service performance from a customer perspective as delivered by the service providers/network operators.
Highlights of the study include:
- For voice services from
January 2011 to
- There was a 33% improvement in Worst In Class from 218 minutes to 145 minutes.
- The Industry Average also improved from 61 minutes to 45 minutes for a 26% improvement.
- The Best In Class trend was steady around 18 minutes which is close to the typical .99999 (5 9s) availability objective. In key services, such as financial or emergency services, these GSI performance results can have significant financial and safety impact.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV