Rackspace Leverages AtEvent Apps To Maximize Engagement And Create Fully Integrated Mobile Experience For Attendees At Open Cloud Experience Event At South By Southwest 2013
SAN RAMON, Calif., March 26, 2013 /PRNewswire/ -- Leading mobile event app solutions company atEvent, today announced the successful integration of its app for Rackspace, the open cloud company, at its 2013 Open Cloud Experience event at South by Southwest. The event took place at the Convention Center at South by Southwest in Austin, Tex., from March 8-11, 2013.
The weekend-long event featured dozens of interactive sessions, customer activities, expert interviews, and content sharing all geared toward raising awareness for Rackspace's newly launched Open Cloud branding campaign, which focuses on evangelizing open-sourced cloud computing to avoid vendor lock-in.
When Rackspace first approached atEvent they sought a mobile solution that would drive awareness and engagement at their Open Cloud Experience event. The primary goals of the engagement were to introduce customers and prospects to the Open Cloud Experience, a showcase of all Rackspace's live customer events and activities that were taking place throughout the weekend, and to get users engaged with Rackspace at the event via interactive content and social media integration.
"atEvent gave Rackspace a wide breadth of tools to make the Open Cloud Experience available beyond the 20,000+ SXSW Interactive attendees," Becky Doyle, events marketing manager at Rackspace, said. "With a single platform, we were able to leverage activities ranging from running contests to tracking leads."Among the many highlights and innovative ways in which Rackspace leveraged the atEvent app for their Open Cloud Experience event at South by Southwest included:
- Social Media Integration : As part of the event, Rackspace was able to fully integrate social media capabilities into their event app courtesy of atEvent, providing attendees with the ability to interact and share content in real-time via targeted social media channels on their smartphones. Among the social media channels that were integrated into the event were Facebook, Twitter, Instagram and Google+, which allowed Rackspace's events team to take pictures that were updated in real-time on the official Rackspace Open Cloud Experience event Instagram feed.
- VIP Passes : Leveraging the atEvent app, Rackspace offered VIP passes via smartphones to customers and prospects who were attending the event all weekend long. Using the app, attendees were able to opt-in and receive special access to Rackspace events and activities that were part of the Open Cloud Experience.
- One-on-One Interactive User Connections : To enhance the user experience, Rackspace leveraged the atEvent app to provide attendees with the ability to connect one-on-one with Rackspace event personnel to share feedback, ask questions and interact in real-time.
- Live Studio Module: Rackspace leveraged the atEvent app to create a live studio module that showcased all of the featured guest sessions and interviews that Rackspace was conducting throughout the weekend in real-time. The app connected to Rackspace's Justin.TV channel so attendees and everyone with access to the app were able to tune in live whether they were on-site at South by Southwest or somewhere else. Interviews were conducted by Rackers, as Rackspace employees are known, and well-known industry personalities such as Robert Scoble.
- Access to Event Info and Collateral: Using the atEvent app, Rackspace provided attendees with access to relevant information and collateral relating to the activities that happened throughout the weekend-long event via their smartphones. Event agendas, information on activities and guest panelists, and cloud hosting resources content were among the collateral that Rackspace was able to share with attendees in real-time on the event app to make their experience as engaging and informative as possible.
Check Out Our Best Services for Investors
Jim Cramer and Stephanie Link reveal their investment tactics while giving advanced notice before every trade.
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
Jim Cramer's protégé, David Peltier, uncovers low dollar stocks with extraordinary upside potential that are flying under Wall Street's radar.
- Model portfolio
- Stocks trading below $10
- Intraday trade alerts
Check Out Our Best Services for Investors
Jim Cramer's protégé, David Peltier, identifies the best of breed dividend stocks that will pay a reliable AND significant income stream.
Every recommendation goes through 3 layers of intense scrutinyquantitative, fundamental and technical analysisto maximize profit potential and minimize risk.
Our options trading pros provide over 100 monthly option trading ideas and strategies to help you become a well-seasoned trader.