Piedmont Office Realty (NYSE: PDM) shares currently have a dividend yield of 4.10%. Piedmont Office Realty Trust, Inc. engages in the acquisition and ownership of commercial real estate properties in the United States. Its property portfolio primarily consists of office and industrial buildings, warehouses, and manufacturing facilities. The company has a P/E ratio of 50.95. Currently there are 2 analysts that rate Piedmont Office Realty a buy, 2 analysts rate it a sell, and 3 rate it a hold. The average volume for Piedmont Office Realty has been 1,274,400 shares per day over the past 30 days. Piedmont Office Realty has a market cap of $3.2 billion and is part of the real estate industry. Shares are up 7% year to date as of the close of trading on Monday. TheStreet Ratings rates Piedmont Office Realty as a buy. The company's strengths can be seen in multiple areas, such as its revenue growth, reasonable valuation levels and increase in stock price during the past year. We feel these strengths outweigh the fact that the company has had sub par growth in net income. Highlights from the ratings report include:
- PDM's revenue growth trails the industry average of 16.4%. Since the same quarter one year prior, revenues slightly increased by 0.3%. This growth in revenue does not appear to have trickled down to the company's bottom line, displayed by a decline in earnings per share.
- Compared to where it was a year ago today, the stock is now trading at a higher level, regardless of the company's weak earnings results. Turning our attention to the future direction of the stock, it goes without saying that even the best stocks can fall in an overall down market. However, in any other environment, this stock still has good upside potential despite the fact that it has already risen in the past year.
- PIEDMONT OFFICE REALTY TRUST's earnings per share declined by 10.0% in the most recent quarter compared to the same quarter a year ago. The company has suffered a declining pattern of earnings per share over the past two years. However, we anticipate this trend to reverse over the coming year. During the past fiscal year, PIEDMONT OFFICE REALTY TRUST reported lower earnings of $0.38 versus $0.49 in the prior year. This year, the market expects an improvement in earnings ($0.39 versus $0.38).
- The gross profit margin for PIEDMONT OFFICE REALTY TRUST is currently lower than what is desirable, coming in at 26.40%. Regardless of PDM's low profit margin, it has managed to increase from the same period last year. Despite the mixed results of the gross profit margin, PDM's net profit margin of 10.59% is significantly lower than the industry average.
- You can view the full Piedmont Office Realty Ratings Report.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV