NCR Corporation (NYSE: NCR) announced today it will provide NCR TouchPort kiosks to Ordos Ejin Horo Airport in China’s Inner Mongolia Autonomous Region, through a partnership with Beijing Sinonet Technology Co., Ltd (Sinonet). The kiosks will run on a common use self-service (CUSS) platform, allowing passengers to use the kiosks for self-check-in for flights on all the airlines that operate at the airport.
This is the first time that Ordos Ejin Horo airport has offered self-service check-in for passengers. NCR’s technology is a major part of Ordos Ejin Horo Airport’s and Sinonet’s effort to accommodate the rapid increase in passengers at the airport.
NCR will also provide maintenance services for the kiosks to ensure maximum availability.
Founded in 2007, the Ordos Ejin Horo Airport is a regional airport with routes connecting to more than 30 cities in northern China. It currently has a passenger volume of more than 1 million for the third consecutive year. More than 10 airlines operate out of Ordos Ejin Horo, including Air China, China Eastern Airlines, China Southern Airlines, Hainan Airlines, Tianjin Airlines, Hebei Airlines and Spring Airlines.Passengers arriving at Ordos Ejin Horo Airport can use the NCR self-check in kiosks to check flight information, change seats, check itineraries and print boarding passes. Passengers who have checked in online but wish to make changes can also use the kiosks. The NCR TouchPort kiosk comes with a faster processing speed, reducing passenger transaction times. The kiosks also feature two-sided thermal paper technology, which will save up to 40% on paper costs, help reduce staff workload for paper replenishment and facilitate group check-in. The kiosks can also read mobile barcodes, drivers’ licenses and passports making the check-in process even easier and giving Ordos Ejin Horo Airport the potential to develop paperless self check-in in the future.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV