Business Columnist Steffy Joins Strategic Communications Firm
WASHINGTON, March 26, 2013 /PRNewswire/ -- Loren Steffy, the award winning business columnist for the Houston Chronicle, has joined 30 Point Strategies, a strategic communications firm with offices in Washington and Atlanta. He will be based in Houston.
During his nine years at the Chronicle, Steffy provided insight into major stories including the trial of Enron executives Ken Lay and Jeff Skilling, the BP Texas City refinery explosion, the Deepwater Horizon disaster and the merger of Continental and United Airlines. He wrote extensively on energy issues, from oil and gas exploration to electricity deregulation.
"Loren has a deep understanding of a range of industries and is a very talented story-teller – two skills that are at the heart of our work for our clients," said Adam Levy, co-founder of 30 Point Strategies. "We are thrilled he's joining our expanding team."
At 30 Point, Steffy will be a Senior Writer focusing on helping clients approach complex and controversial issues and craft winning messages."Loren brings an unparalleled perspective into how business leaders are perceived," said Noam Neusner, a co-founder of 30 Point and a former speechwriter for President George W. Bush. "That perspective is critical, no matter what business you're in." Steffy is the author of Drowning in Oil: BP and the Reckless Pursuit of Profit published by McGraw-Hill in 2010 and The Man Who Thought Like a Ship, published by Texas A&M University Press in April 2012. He is a three-time finalist for the Gerald Loeb Award for Distinguished Business and Financial Journalism, business journalism's highest honor. His columns have received numerous state and national awards. Prior to joining the Chronicle, Steffy was the Dallas bureau chief and a senior writer for Bloomberg News. SOURCE 30 Point Strategies
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV