- Earned ISO 50001 energy management certification for two plants (ISO is the Switzerland-based International Organization for Standardization, which establishes uniform industry standards worldwide).
- Implemented 201 new energy efficiency projects and funded 23 smaller initiatives from a special corporate fund.
- Engaged in partnerships to further develop carbon dioxide separation and recycling technologies.
- Hosted a “Working with ENERGY STAR” workshop for local manufacturing companies.
- Initiated a facility metering project to better track and manage energy use.
- Hired a full-time analyst to organize facility energy data and mine it for new efficiency opportunities.
- Awarded $225,000 in grants to academic researchers for energy-related studies.
- Involved 78 3M facilities in the Department of Energy’s Better Buildings Challenge, collaborating with other industry participants on energy-saving techniques.
- Launched an education program to engage students in environmental leadership.
3M Earns ENERGY STAR 'Sustained Excellence' Award For Record Ninth Consecutive Year
Check Out Our Best Services for Investors
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Model portfolio
- Stocks trading below $10
- Intraday trade alerts
More than 30 investing pros with skin in the game give you actionable insight and investment ideas.