"We found that two of the things people rely on most at the office – their email, which was invented over 40 years ago, and their colleagues – are also two of the biggest impediments to real work," said John Rizzo, chief marketing officer for Jive Software. "The cost of the email distractions alone is over $2 billion per day when averaged across the entire American workforce. Clearly, the way we work today is not working. Companies need to change the way and the technology that enables work to get done to help people be more productive, collaborative, and ultimately contribute to top-line growth."
According to data by a top-three global business consultancy*, companies using the Jive social business platform reported:
- A 21 percent reduction in email.
- A 16 percent reduction in meetings.
- 26 percent of the employees using Jive focused their work on more strategic priorities.
- A 34 percent reduction in time looking for information and expertise across the company.
- 61 percent of the employees felt connected to their colleagues in more productive and efficient ways.
Join the discussion about workplace distractions on Twitter with @JiveSoftware. Use the hashtag #saynotoemail and let us know how you'd rather work.
Survey MethodologyThis survey was conducted online within the United States by Harris Interactive on behalf of Jive Software from February 27 – March 1, 2013 among 2,111 adults ages 18 and older, among which 1,090 are employed. This online survey is not based on a probability sample and therefore no estimate of theoretical sampling error can be calculated. About Jive Software Jive Software ( JIVE) is a leader in social business. Our cloud-based platform connects employees, customers and partners and is a proven system, focused on value use cases, that, according to research performed by a top three global business consultancy firm, increases productivity within companies by up to 15%*. By combining the power of cloud, mobile, big data and proprietary collaboration technologies, Jive is transforming the way work gets done and unleashing productivity, creativity and innovation for millions of people in many of the world's largest companies. For a free trial of Jive's next-generation social business platform, please visit Try Jive. * Source: Top three global business consultancy research; November 2012
CONTACT: Media Contact: Jason Khoury Jive Software (650) 319-1938 email@example.com
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV