CHICAGO, March 26, 2013 /PRNewswire/ -- SingleHop, a global leader in highly automated hosting, cloud and infrastructure-as-a-service, reported today revenue and company growth highlights for the 2012 calendar year.
"SingleHop's growth rate was one of the key reasons we invested in the company, and the team has been working very hard to keep customers happy and keep up the momentum," said Dave Tabors, General Partner, Battery. "They've carved out a unique position in the market, and as they expand, customers are rewarding them for their superior technology and incredible customer support."
Financial and staffing highlights for 2012 include:
- Revenue for 2012 of $29.1 million, which represents a 35% increase from 2011
- Increased demand for the company's cloud-hosted services grew the number of active clients to more than 4,800 firms located in over 100 countries
- Ranked #546 on Inc. Magazine's Inc. 5,000 list, a ranking of the fastest-growing companies in the United States
- Increased staffing levels by 28% to meet customer demand and enable future growth
"We attribute SingleHop's continued growth to the expertise of our team and our automated services which really stand out in a crowded hosting marketplace," says Zak Boca, SingleHop President & CEO. "We currently have more than 12,000 servers in production throughout the globe and foresee continuing our growth path in future years as businesses want on-demand deployment. Our growth is a reflection of our dedication to providing customers with the easiest to use cloud infrastructure, and also our industry-leading support services."Other company milestones for the past year include:
- Completion of a $27.5 million minority investment transaction with Battery Ventures in April 2012
- Opening of a third datacenter location in Phoenix in May 2012
- A donation $10,000 to The Center for Courageous Kids (CCK), a world class, year-round medical camp located in Scottsville, KY
- A June 2012 move into new offices in the River North section of Chicago to accommodate staffing growth
- Launches new Channel Partner Program for IT Consultants and systems integrators in October 2012
- Co-founders Zak Boca and Daniel Ushman, Inducted into the Chicago Area Entrepreneurship Hall of Fame at its 27th Anniversary Gala Celebration