New PCMA Ad Campaign: 'It's The Oklahoma Drugstore Lobby Vs. Employers'
New Regulations Could Increase Prescription Drug Costs $1.7 Billion
WASHINGTON, March 26, 2013 /PRNewswire-USNewswire/ -- As the Oklahoma drugstore lobby launches new attacks seeking to undermine tools used by pharmacy benefit managers (PBMs) to lower prescription drug costs, the Pharmaceutical Care Management Association (PCMA) released a new ad campaign defending the rights of employers to reduce wasteful pharmacy spending. As the ad says, employers think, "It's wrong" for the Oklahoma drugstore lobby "to force businesses to pay more for prescription drugs."
"The agenda promoted by the Oklahoma drugstore lobby would enrich pharmacies by making every other business pay more for prescription drugs," said PCMA President and CEO Mark Merritt.
This special interest legislation (H.B. 2100) could increase prescription drug costs $1.7 billion for the state's employers, seniors, state employee plans, unions, and consumers.Click here to see the new ad. "It's the Oklahoma Drugstore Lobby vs. Employers in the Fight to Reduce Prescription Drug Costs" Vote NO on H.B. 2100 The Oklahoma drugstore lobby agenda includes:
- New employer mandates that raise costs and reduce choices.
- Giving drugstores new powers to charge consumers more for prescription drugs.
- Forcing employers to pay more for prescription drugs.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV