Google is already offering something similar to this, but not as in-depth. WiFiSLAM is intent on changing the way we view and use mapping location services in areas that aren't as accurate as unobstructed areas, such as a park or major intersection.
Cook and Apple were serious when they said they were intent on improving Apple Maps to Apple's high standards. "Everything we do at Apple is aimed at making our products the best in the world," Cook wrote in the apology.
It seems as if all it cost Apple was some time, and roughly $20 million. Now let's see what Apple does with it.
-- Written by Chris Ciaccia in New York>Contact by Email. Follow @Commodity_Bull
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV