The U.S. Navy Facilities Engineering Command for Europe, Africa and Southwest Asia, based in Naples, Italy, has awarded ITT Exelis (NYSE: XLS) a contract worth $5.7 million for base operations support services at Deveselu Air Base near Caracal, Romania.
This is a combination firm-fixed-price with indefinite-delivery, indefinite-quantity contract. It includes the base year plus two options that run through December 2015. The services include base operations and administration, fire and emergency services, supply services, housing and environmental operations.
“We are very pleased to be selected as the base operations provider for the Navy’s Deveselu location,” said Ken Hunzeker, president of the Mission Systems division of Exelis. “We look forward to providing support to this critical foothold and to the Navy’s operations in central Europe and elsewhere.”
This was a new procurement and did not replace an existing contract. Exelis is a global leader in base operations, logistics and facility services at other U.S. government locations in the U.S. and overseas.About ITT Exelis Exelis is a diversified, top-tier global aerospace, defense, information and technical services company that leverages a 50-year legacy of deep customer knowledge and technical expertise to deliver affordable, mission-critical solutions for global customers. We are a leader in communications, sensing and surveillance, critical networks, electronic warfare, navigation, air traffic solutions and information systems with growing positions in C4ISR, composite aerostructures, logistics and technical services. Headquartered in McLean, Va., the company employs about 19,900 people and generated 2012 sales of $5.5 billion. For more information, visit our website at www.exelisinc.com or connect with us on Facebook, Twitter and YouTube.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV