Spacenet Inc., a wholly owned subsidiary of Gilat Satellite Networks Ltd. (Nasdaq: GILT) and a leading provider of managed network services, today announced the addition of a range of new communications services, solutions and products to its U.S. General Services Administration (GSA) Schedule 70 contract (Contract No. GS-35F-172AA). The new additions include: managed broadband network solutions, Emergency Communications Services (ECS) and two new high-performance satellite modems.
“In an increasingly network-dependent world, our government agencies demand and deserve the most reliable and cost-effective communications capabilities available,” said Glenn Katz, Spacenet’s CEO. “These new offerings on our GSA schedule showcase the latest in all forms of communication technologies that Spacenet now offers. This broad spectrum of services provides even greater availability and affordability than our previous schedule. For example, our new Connect Series product line brings clarity and ease in selecting managed broadband services. Spacenet’s managed services include, among others, broadband wired and wireless communications, PCI compliance services, data security services, installation and maintenance services, and proactive network monitoring and management. Similarly, our ECS series offers public safety agencies greater flexibility in acquiring and deploying vital emergency satellite communications solutions.”
The new Spacenet solutions available under Contract GS-35F-172AA include:
- Spacenet Connect Series of managed network services:Spacenet’s Connect Series is a tiered suite of managed services that helps clarify and simplify network operations outsourcing. Offering customers a range of services packaged according to each customer’s internal capabilities, reliability needs and security requirements, the Connect Series includes:
- Spacenet ManagedConnect™: High-speed connectivity, proactive monitoring & support.
- Spacenet AssuredConnect™: VPN connectivity, proactive network monitoring & support.
- Spacenet CompleteConnect™: Network Design, VPN connectivity, complete management & support.
- Spacenet Emergency Communications Services (ECS) and ECS Flex:Spacenet’s pay-as-you-use ECS and ECS Flex solutions provide an affordable and flexible emergency communications solution that delivers readily available communications via satellite to virtually any U.S. location.
- Spacenet GLT 1000 high-performance satellite modem:The GLT-1000 is a point-to-point or point-to-multipoint satellite modem, flexibly supporting data rates from 64kbps to 80Mbps with selectable frame size, modulation and FEC. GLT-1000 delivers satellite communications for on-the-move, stationary, point-to-point, and point-to-multipoint operations.
- Spacenet MLT 1000 high-performance satellite military modem:The MLT-1000 provides secure, highly-reliable broadband C4I satellite communications that ensure battlefield information superiority for warfighters and meet the military’s specifications. The MLT-1000’s advanced VSAT technologies maximize link availability, optimize bandwidth usage, and enable high throughput in the most challenging field and weather conditions.
The new products and services are part of a wide range of solutions available under Spacenet’s GSA Schedule 70 Contract # GS-35F-172AA, including:
- 132-12 Maintenance of Equipment, Repair Services and/or Repair/Spare Parts
- 132-52 Electronic Commerce and Subscription Services
- 132-54 Commercial Satellite Communications (COMSATCOM) Transponder Capacity
- 132-55 Commercial Satellite Communications (COMSATCOM) Subscription Services
- 132-8 Purchase of New Equipment