Boeing said the test flight on Monday went "according to plan." Company spokesman Marc Birtel said Boeing will analyze information from the flight and prepare for a second one to showcase to the Federal Aviation Administration.
Boeing redesigned the batteries with more glass insulation between cells in hopes it would keep them from overheating. The company also added a fireproof steel shell around the batteries.
The 787 Dreamliner fleet has been grounded since Jan. 16 after a battery problem forced an emergency landing in Japan and a battery fire occurred on Jan. 7.
Yahoo! (YHOO) is trending after acquiring news aggregation app Summly from a 17-year-old British entrepreneur for a reported $30 million. Summly scans the Web for news its user wants to read using an algorithm and then summarizes the items. Yahoo! said it plans to incorporate the technology into its own mobile apps and sites -- it will no longer be available as an individual app. Nick D'Aloisio, the app's creator, has been working on it since he was 15. D'Aloisio will work for Yahoo! in its London office while he finishes high school. Two other Summly workers will join Yahoo! at its headquarters in Sunnyvale, Calif. The price tag of the deal was not announced, but reports estimate that Yahoo! paid anywhere from several million dollars to nearly $30 million.
T-Mobile is another popular search. The company announced a new monthly pricing plan that it's offering with no contract. T-Mobile will now offer customers prepaid plans without contracts. For $50, customers will receive unlimited talk and text with 500 MB of data. For $60, customers get 2 GB of data, and for $70 per month customers will get unlimited data. However, customers must pay the full price of the cell phone as part of the deal.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV