March 26, 2013 /PRNewswire/ --
New and Agile Platform Exemplifies a Company Moving Forward
Quintiq, Inc. announced today the launch of
Quintiq 5.0, a superior supply chain planning and optimization platform that solves the world's planning puzzles. The newest release further empowers Quintiq's customers to improve their planning competences through innovative and improved features, leading to lower costs, improved efficiency, responsive customer service, and the power to differentiate.
Quintiq 5.0 is purpose-built for supply chain challenges. Unlike "big box" software, Quintiq 5.0 is designed so that it is agile and flexible with the ability to be configured to meet 100% of a customer's planning constraints today and as a business evolves over time. Quintiq 5.0 continues the company's tradition of enabling customers to make informed decisions based on real-time data. Quintiq 5.0 is a planner-friendly platform that enables personalized views, facilitates error-free planning, and provides built-in capabilities to create and monitor key performance indicators.
With transparency across the supply chain and advanced planning and
at a planner's fingertips, a business is able to consistently produce and deliver products and services as scheduled despite numerous constraints and potential disruptions.
"Quintiq 5.0 was designed with our customers' planning challenges and needs in mind. We wanted to ensure that the software they use is agile and flexible, yet intelligent so it can analyze, compare and optimize the planning process," said Dr.
, CEO of Quintiq. "When bespoke supply chain planning and optimization systems or point solutions do not address 100%of the user's operations, it has a detrimental impact on customer service and profitability. The sooner business leaders realize their current options are compromising their supply chain and opt for the complete configurability of a Quintiq company-wide platform, the better off they - and their bottom lines - will be."
Key enhancements to Quintiq 5.0 include:
- Introduction of a report generation tool, BIRT (Business Intelligence and Report Tools), that combines data from different sources for greater functionality
- Improved user interface that enables user configurable views and brings planning activity to life
- Interactive KPI dashboard that allows customers to define and utilize KPIs as gauges and in a wide range of formats and conditions, allowing for critical information to stand out with maximum effect
- Redesigned configuration utility that makes it easier to identify and track parameters of planning projects
- Through the soon-to-be-launched Quintiq mobility server, Quintiq 5.0 offers the capability to connect, manage and optimize data using information from a mobile device, facilitating remote contributors to the planning process. Quintiq mobility server is available as a separate license purchase.