3D Product Images Save Big Brands From Costly Photo Shoots
TAMPA, Fla., March 26, 2013 /PRNewswire/ -- Is digital photography now considered "old school" in the world of product imaging? Increasingly, big brands like Whirlpool, Stanley Black & Decker and IKEA are ditching the camera — relying, instead, on computer-generated 3D product images to present their latest product launches.
To view the multimedia assets associated with this release, please click: http://www.multivu.com/mnr/60839-medialab-3d-solutions-3d-product-images
3D images showcase products in photorealistic environments that can be changed and manipulated instantly. This means brands can feature their product in virtually any decor, location, lifestyle or setting — all without having to build a set, source product or hire a photographer.Because 3D costs less — both in dollars and logistical headaches — it's catching on with marketers in multiple industries, from consumer products to training to home building. Linda Garman of Basco, a manufacturer of luxury shower enclosures, explains, "With traditional photography, there was always a risk of being disappointed with the end result. Now, with 3D, if we're wrong about a color or texture, we can change it. We aren't stuck having our time and resources wasted." Building a traditional set costs upwards of $5,000 to $20,000 and takes weeks to create. 3D set shots, on the other hand, start at around $1,000 and take just days. Eleventh-hour changes that would normally send production teams and budgets into a tailspin are simplified in the controlled 3D environment. Garman adds, "Our 3D set shots are far more dynamic than anything we could have built in a set or in a home…and ended up costing 25% of what we would have spent on traditional photography."
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV