LOS ANGELES, March 26, 2013 /PRNewswire/ -- Responding to the rapid emergence of in-vehicle technologies such as driver assist and cloud-based infotainment systems that are shaping the future of the automotive industry, LA Auto Show ® organizers announced today the launch of the Connected Car Expo (CCE). A one-day conference and three-day expo for automotive and technology companies, the CCE was created to take a look inside these state-of-the-art systems and solutions that are shaping the future of transportation.
A comprehensive "one-stop" resource to be held in conjunction with the LA Auto Show, Nov. 19-21, the CCE combines the global industry stature and media power of the LA Auto Show Press Days with a unique thought leadership forum consisting of the top influencers in the connected car space. Directed by Doug Newcomb, a leading automotive technology expert, the CCE is a high level exchange of ideas from both the technology and automotive industries. It is purpose-designed to not only envision the direction of new car technologies, but also map out the future of transportation. The CCE will also serve as an open forum, providing attendees with access to the automotive technology executives, key personalities and top media constructing the future of the connected car, to address the issues companies are facing in this evolving market.
"Automakers have made great strides in figuring out where these technologies are leading us," said Doug Newcomb. "And the fact that major technology companies such as Google, Verizon and now Apple have come onboard only raises the stakes and possibilities." But Newcomb notes that in addition to the opportunities, the reality is there are also challenges and issues to address ranging from competing platforms to distracted driver concerns. "That's where this CCE can play a vital and influential role," he affirms.The Market Is Ready Recent studies show consumers expect their new vehicles to have technology at least as advanced and user-friendly as what they find in other connected devices in their life, such as smartphones and tablets. Meeting the market opportunities and issues head-on, the conference will address topics such as:
- It's Money that Matters – Who is Going to Pay to Get the Car Connected?
- Infotainment Standard Time – One-for-All or Every Manufacturer for Themselves?
- Driving Away from Distraction – Innovative Automotive Research to Keep Eyes on the Road and Hands on the Wheel
- Technology Takes the Wheel – Our Autonomous Car Future
- Tours of the Show floor led by knowledgeable car technology journalists. The tours will provide an insider's perspective into next-generation infotainment technology as well as close-up looks at exhibiting automakers' latest and greatest in-dash technologies including apps, high-end audio, cutting-edge displays and cloud-based voice recognition.
- Tours of driver assist safety systems providing an overview of exhibiting automakers' current and future advanced platforms that are re-imagining the ways vehicles interact with their environment by using cameras and sensors as a sophisticated, always-on, extra set of eyes and ears for motorists.
- Exclusive Ride & Drives for CCE attendees providing the opportunity to get behind the wheel for an on-the-road look at the latest connected car technologies. From cutting-edge infotainment systems to the groundbreaking active safety advances, drivers will be able to get a hands-on demonstration of the innovations that are transforming driving.