DUBAI, United Arab Emirates, March 26, 2013 /PRNewswire/ -- EMC (NYSE: EMC) today announced that the American University of Kuwait (AUK) has selected EMC ® and VMware virtualization and cloud infrastructure technologies to transform its IT infrastructure and help effectively manage its mission-critical applications, including Microsoft Exchange 2010, Oracle, Luminis Portal and LMS Moodle. AUK is using EMC VNX® unified storage with EMC FAST Suite ™ and VMware ® vSphere to better handle rapid business growth and improve response time for IT requests from staff and students.
- Increased Efficiency – AUK has improved storage utilization 400%, increasing available storage space from 6 TB to 24 TB, at zero additional cost with EMC VNX.
- Improved Performance – VNX has enabled AUK to improve the performance of its Microsoft and Oracle mission-critical applications by 50%.
- Streamlined Administration – Seamless integration between Unisphere and VMware vSphere has allowed AUK to simplify management, reducing time to deliver new IT resources to internal users by 66%.
- Rapid ROI – Increased efficiency and a cost savings of $35,000 will enable AUK to achieve a return on its investment in VNX in just 24 months.
With increasing demands from students, faculty and staff for 24/7 access to educational and administrative content, the American University of Kuwait (AUK) planned to replace its previous storage environment for improved performance of mission-critical applications. AUK needed a solution that could provide the increased system performance, cost-savings and the flexibility needed to meet the growing needs of its internal users as well as support its ongoing virtualization strategy.AUK selected EMC VNX unified storage for its tight integration with VMware, as well as the performance and cost benefits of a FLASH 1 st strategy. With VNX, AUK has achieved 400% greater storage utilization and 50% better performance. Additionally, the better efficiency using VNX has enabled AUK to save $35,000 on maintenance cost and will insure ROI in only 2 years. Customer Quote: Rusty Burns, Director of Information Technology, American University of Kuwait "We selected EMC VNX because it provides us with the high level of efficiency, scalability and performance required to meet the growing demands from our students and staff. The tight integration between VNX and VMware allows us to easily scale and create new virtual machines right from our server console in one step. We can now see the entire environment and shared storage to provision any changes."
Check Out Our Best Services for Investors
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Model portfolio
- Stocks trading below $10
- Intraday trade alerts