Cree, Inc. (Nasdaq: CREE) extends the XLamp ® CXA family of integrated LED arrays with the new higher light output CXA2540 and CXA3050 LEDs. Optimized to simplify designs and lower system cost, the new CXA LEDs deliver 5,000 to over 10,000 lumens, enabling new applications such as high output track lights and downlights, outdoor area lighting and high bay lighting.
The new Cree ® CXA3050 LED is now the brightest member of the CXA family and can enable LED replacements for up to 100 watt ceramic metal halide in spot lighting or up to 175 watt pulse-start metal halide in high-bay and outdoor area lighting. The addition of the CXA3050 LED Array also enables lighting manufacturers to rapidly expand their product portfolio with higher lumen products. The new CX2540 LED delivers up to 20 percent higher efficacy at 5,000 lumens and 3000K than competing LED arrays of similar size. In addition, the CXA2540 shares the same mechanical package as the existing CXA2520 and CXA2530 LEDs, giving manufacturers access to the same connector and optics solutions available today.
“We really like the ease-of-use and high performance of the CXA family and we’re looking for higher lumen versions to address the high bay lighting market,” said Jong Hyun Woo, chief project manager, ILSUNG Ltd. “The CXA3050 LED Array gives us the performance that we need together with the high reliability that Cree is known for to create compelling designs for our customers.”
The CXA2540 and 3050 LED Arrays use the same proven package technology as the CXA1507 LED which now has 6,000 hours of LM-80 data published and is able to support TM-21 calculated lifetimes of greater than 130,000 hours at binning current and greater than 85,000 hours at maximum current. This long-term calculated lifetime exceeds many other LED Arrays and plastic mid-power LEDs used today.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV