NEW YORK ( TheStreet) -- We've all heard about the run on ammunition across the country these past few months. We've seen the long lines, the groans of short supply and ire over higher prices.
I just had to see it for myself, first-hand what it's like waiting to get to the front on the ammo line.
The word was that the local Dicks Sporting Goods (DKS) store receives shipments of ammunition on Tuesday and Thursday evening, for sale on Wednesday and Friday mornings.
I was told by an employee, that if I wanted to buy ammo, I needed to be at the store 45 minutes ahead of the 9 a.m. opening, that there was a limit of 3 boxes, no matter what caliber or how many rounds in each box, and that the lines would be 25 or 30 customers deep.
DKS data by
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV