LONDON, March 26, 2013 /PRNewswire/ --
Royal Dutch Shell plc (the 'Company')(NYSE: RDS.A)(NYSE: RDS.B) announces that it has entered into an irrevocable, non-discretionary arrangement with an independent third party to enable the purchase of 'B' ordinary shares, for cancellation, during its 2013 first quarter results closed period. The close period commences on 2 April 2013 and is up to and including 2 May 2013.
As previously announced, the purpose of the share buy-back programme is to offset dilution created by the issuance of shares for the Company's Scrip Dividend Programme. At this time, it is less economic for the Company to purchase 'A' ordinary shares under the share buy-back programme due to Dutch dividend withholding Tax rules.
Any purchases will be effected within certain pre-set parameters and in accordance with the Company's general authority to repurchase shares and Chapter 12 of the Listing Rules.Enquiries Shell Media Relations International, UK, European Press: +44(0)207-934-5550 Shell Investor Relations Europe: +31-70-377-3996 United States: +1-713-241-2069 SOURCE Royal Dutch Shell plc
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV