NEW YORK, March 26, 2013 /PRNewswire/ -- BNY Mellon, the global leader in investment management and investment services, has introduced a new approach to its corporate social responsibility (CSR) program that focuses on three material themes:
- Invested in market integrity: Contributing to the health of global markets through the resiliency and effectiveness of its operations, as well as demonstrating high standards of excellence and integrity within the industry.
- Invested in our people: Providing its talented, diverse workforce the opportunities and training they need to contribute and succeed.
- Invested in our world: Making local communities better places to live and work, and contributing to solutions for important global issues.
"BNY Mellon's refined corporate social responsibility program demonstrates our strategic focus on being invested in the integrity and excellence of our practices and products, the success of our employees, and the health of the communities where we work and live," said Jeep Bryant, executive vice president and head of marketing and corporate affairs, BNY Mellon. "Our actions will be anchored by a long-term commitment to measuring our progress on well-defined key performance indicators."A broad overview highlighting how BNY Mellon has advanced its CSR agenda will be released next month to be followed in May by the company's annual CSR report, which will include in-depth detail on CSR priority areas that are vital to the company's long-term success, including: ethics and transparency; strong governance; operational reliability and effectiveness; responsible investments; excellent talent and community commitment. "These themes reflect how we have evolved our strategic approach to social responsibility. Beyond our already strong employee engagement, environmental stewardship and community involvement practices, our approach encompasses the important role BNY Mellon plays in the integrity of the global financial markets," said John Buckley, director of corporate social responsibility, BNY Mellon. BNY Mellon is a global investments company dedicated to helping its clients manage and service their financial assets throughout the investment lifecycle. Whether providing financial services for institutions, corporations or individual investors, BNY Mellon delivers informed investment management and investment services in 36 countries and more than 100 markets. As of December 31, 2012, BNY Mellon had $26.2 trillion in assets under custody and/or administration, and $1.4 trillion in assets under management. BNY Mellon can act as a single point of contact for clients looking to create, trade, hold, manage, service, distribute or restructure investments. BNY Mellon is the corporate brand of The Bank of New York Mellon Corporation (NYSE: BK). Additional information is available on www.bnymellon.com, or follow us on Twitter @BNYMellon. SOURCE BNY Mellon
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV