To view "Figure 5:Long Section of the Western Lode at Hidden Secret, Eundynie Project, Higginsville. Estimate true widths are 90% of downhole widths" please click
Ongoing drilling in 2013 will determine the open-pit potential of these high-grade vein complexes at Eundynie.
Higginsville Line of Lode
The "framework drilling" program of diamond drill holes at Higginsville commenced in late 2011 and was completed by the end of 2012. The framework drilling has been carried out on lines 800m apart and comprises several holes per section with the objective of:
- developing an understanding of the three-dimensional nature of the stratigraphy and structure that comprise the 6km‐long Higginsville Line of Lode to a depth of 800m; and
- identifying prospective stratigraphic units with the potential for >5g/t large-scale gold deposits.
Alacer's management believe there is excellent potential for the discovery of a major orebody similar to the +1 million ounce Trident deposit lying beneath the near-surface gold deposits that define the Higginsville Line of Lode. Significant gold mineralization was discovered during the 2012 Higginsville framework drilling program including the high-grade Corona Vein, as well as several mineralized quartz veins in the Vine area.Three-dimensional modeling of the stratigraphy and structure has been completed and has resulted in generating multiple targets that may host large gold deposits. To date, two target areas identified by the framework drilling program, Trident North Basalt and Vine, have been drill tested. Positive results have been returned for the drill hole at Vine (VIND103). Broad areas of low-grade mineralization that contained several high-grade intersections were returned over a distance in excess of 450m down hole, confirming the target as a high-potential area. The better results include:
- 3.55m at 6.7g/t gold from 390.2m;
- 3.55m at 5.9g/t gold from 453.45m;
- 0.65m at 43.6g/t gold from 622.35m; and
- 2.0m at 8.9g/t gold from 855m.