To view " Figure 1: South Kalgoorlie tenement Location showing the three key target areas to be drilled during 2013" please click http://files.newswire.ca/986/Figure1.pdf
The Location 48 area lies immediately southeast of the 5 million ounce HBJ deposit and Jubilee processing plant, and extends 10km south along the Boulder-Lefroy Fault. Historical exploration in this area has not been effective as the area is dominated by thin cover that is not amenable to soil geochemistry.
Twelve high-priority targets have been defined in Location 48. Drilling of the first target, called 'Wedge', commenced late in 2012 and has been a focus of exploration in 2013. A total of 27km of aircore drilling has been completed across the target area, initially on 160m x 40m spacing and then infilled to 80m x 40m spacing.Drilling results have identified widespread shallow gold anomalism in oxidized rock over a distance of two square kilometers, with several multi-gram intersections over appreciable widths intersected at depths less than 30m. Figure 2 shows the wide distribution of strong anomalism and mineralization generated by the aircore drilling program at Wedge and results include:
- 4m at 5.9g/t gold from 16m in WGA133;
- 4m at 5.6g/t gold from 4m in WGA142;
- 4m at 14.6g/t gold from 20m in WGA228;
- 7m at 4.9g/t gold from 27m in WAC261; and
- 2m at 8.4g/t gold from 8m in WAC296.
Check Out Our Best Services for Investors
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Model portfolio
- Stocks trading below $10
- Intraday trade alerts