Newell Rubbermaid (NYSE: NWL) today announced the appointment of two key marketing leaders to drive the company’s Growth Game Plan into action on its writing brands.
Hiroko Koide joins the company as Senior Vice President of Marketing for Fine Writing globally. Koide was previously the President and Representative Director of Parfums Christian Dior Japon K.K. and is currently on the external Board of Directors of Kirin Co. Ltd. She also has held key roles in marketing and brand development at Mars Japan Ltd. and Unilever Japan. With significant leadership experience in Japan and Asia, Koide will be based in Tokyo to be nearer the key markets in the region and where the company’s Parker® and Waterman® brands have significant growth opportunities.
Hisao “Victor” Misawa joins the company as Vice President of Marketing for the Writing & Creative Expression brands globally. Most recently, he was a Vice President of Marketing for Unilever North East Asia and has more than 20 years of global marketing leadership experience in both emerging and developed countries. Misawa’s proven track record in marketing and brand development in Asia makes him the ideal leader to expand the iconic Sharpie® and Paper Mate® brands into the rapidly growing markets of China and Southeast Asia. He will be based in Chicago with the company’s Writing & Creative Expression business.
“Hiroko and Victor are proven leaders with extensive experience in both developed and emerging markets,” said Richard Davies, Newell Rubbermaid’s Chief Global Marketing and Insights Officer. “These new hires, combined with the increased marketing investment available from our organizational transformation, will further strengthen our capability to deliver bigger brand ideas and breakthrough marketing that will grow our categories at home and in markets around the world.”
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV