ALISO VIEJO, Calif., March 26, 2013 (GLOBE NEWSWIRE) -- QLogic (Nasdaq:QLGC), the market share leader in Fibre Channel adapters, today announced that its FlexSuite™ technology has been embedded and is now shipping in Fujitsu ETERNUS disk storage systems. QLogic® FlexSuite technology enables Fujitsu to leverage a multi-protocol converged storage platform to deliver high-performance 16Gb Fibre Channel storage solutions.
"QLogic has enabled Fujitsu to ship 16Gb Fibre Channel using the latest QLogic FlexSuite multi-protocol technology," said Amit Vashi, vice president of marketing, Host Solutions Group, QLogic. "QLogic's investments in this versatile I/O controller and accelerated target-mode development processes enable storage customers to deliver early-to-market, end-to-end, high-performance, multi-protocol connectivity solutions for next-generation data centers that are secure and highly reliable."
QLogic 16Gb Fibre Channel adapters deliver twice the throughput and three times the transaction speeds of previous-generation 8Gb Fibre Channel products while maintaining backward-compatibility with 8Gb and 4Gb Fibre Channel investments."QLogic is a longstanding, trusted provider of high performance Fibre Channel and Ethernet connectivity solutions for Fujitsu storage systems that span over six generations of products," said Yasuhiro Arikawa, senior vice president, Storage Systems Unit, Fujitsu Limited. "By standardizing on the QLogic FlexSuite technology, and leveraging QLogic's accelerated target mode development platform, we have reduced our development cycles and gained a time-to-market advantage. This advantage allows us to deliver storage solutions that address the high performance storage virtualization market requirements of the next-generation data center." The QLogic FlexSuite technology offers storage OEM partners: Flexibility and Accelerated Time-to-Market
- A common, multi-protocol hardware platform accelerates time-to-market through a highly leveraged, single development and qualification cycle for 16Gb Fibre Channel, 10Gb FCoE and 10Gb/1Gb iSCSI.
- QLogic application programming interface (API) that is identical to previous-generation 8Gb Fibre Channel and 10Gb Ethernet controllers provides OEM software teams with an easy migration path to next-generation speeds and offers the flexibility to leverage existing software investments to deliver next-generation storage appliances.
- QLogic's target mode development kit enables storage OEMs to develop custom boards as well as drivers without significant incremental investments in software development and testing. The QLogic development kit consists of documentation to develop hardware and software, reference driver source code across popular operating system environments including FreeBSD, Linux SCST, Target Core Module - Linux-iSCSI.org (TCM/LIO) and Solaris Comstar, as well as diagnostic and manufacturing tools.
- Full offloads for all block storage protocols (Fibre Channel, FCoE and iSCSI)
- Concurrent FCoE and iSCSI operation on the same physical port
- T10-PI support, an increasingly important requirement among storage vendors for ensuring data integrity from host to storage media
- A programmable architecture that allows for feature customization and performance optimizations tuned for the OEM partner
- Capability to enable extended logins and exchanges that are more than twice those being offered by QLogic's nearest competitor
- Online field debugging tools such as enhanced Hardware Assist Firmware Tracing (eHAFT) to enable higher up-time
Check Out Our Best Services for Investors
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Model portfolio
- Stocks trading below $10
- Intraday trade alerts