ALISO VIEJO, Calif., March 26, 2013 (GLOBE NEWSWIRE) -- QLogic (Nasdaq:QLGC), the market share leader in Fibre Channel adapters, today announced that its FlexSuite™ technology has been embedded and is now shipping in Fujitsu ETERNUS disk storage systems. QLogic® FlexSuite technology enables Fujitsu to leverage a multi-protocol converged storage platform to deliver high-performance 16Gb Fibre Channel storage solutions.
- A common, multi-protocol hardware platform accelerates time-to-market through a highly leveraged, single development and qualification cycle for 16Gb Fibre Channel, 10Gb FCoE and 10Gb/1Gb iSCSI.
- QLogic application programming interface (API) that is identical to previous-generation 8Gb Fibre Channel and 10Gb Ethernet controllers provides OEM software teams with an easy migration path to next-generation speeds and offers the flexibility to leverage existing software investments to deliver next-generation storage appliances.
- QLogic's target mode development kit enables storage OEMs to develop custom boards as well as drivers without significant incremental investments in software development and testing. The QLogic development kit consists of documentation to develop hardware and software, reference driver source code across popular operating system environments including FreeBSD, Linux SCST, Target Core Module - Linux-iSCSI.org (TCM/LIO) and Solaris Comstar, as well as diagnostic and manufacturing tools.
- Full offloads for all block storage protocols (Fibre Channel, FCoE and iSCSI)
- Concurrent FCoE and iSCSI operation on the same physical port
- T10-PI support, an increasingly important requirement among storage vendors for ensuring data integrity from host to storage media
- A programmable architecture that allows for feature customization and performance optimizations tuned for the OEM partner
- Capability to enable extended logins and exchanges that are more than twice those being offered by QLogic's nearest competitor
- Online field debugging tools such as enhanced Hardware Assist Firmware Tracing (eHAFT) to enable higher up-time