Renault Energy DCi130 Engine To Be Displayed In FEV Exhibit At SAE World Congress
AUBURN HILLS, Mich., March 26, 2013 /PRNewswire/ -- FEV, Inc. (FEV) demonstrates its calibration expertise at the upcoming SAE World Congress, April 16 – 18 at the Cobo Center in Detroit, Mich., with the display of the Renault 1.6-litre Energy dCi130 (R9M) in-line four cylinder engine. The engine is designed and calibrated in anticipation of the Euro 6 emissions legislation. Gary Rogers, president and CEO of FEV Inc., made the announcement.
"The impact of calibration cannot be overemphasized," said Rogers. "Powertrain systems will be facing increased and exacting performance demands as more stringent emission and fuel economy standards are enacted. Calibration has been a cornerstone of FEV's service to its customers, and is even more critical today."
The engine is a 1.6L direct injection, turbocharged diesel. It is designed as a low emissions engine including a low-pressure EGR system with reduced CO 2 emissions that meet Euro 5 standards (without NOx aftertreatment) and Euro 6 standards (with NOx aftertreatment) while maintaining high power output of 96kW. The 1.6-litre Energy dCi130 is the world's most powerful engine of its size, and therefore naturally best-in-class. Its combined-cycle fuel consumption (NEDC) is 20 per cent better than the 1.9-litre dCi130 engine it replaces, while CO 2 emissions have been slashed by 30 g/km.
The key in achieving the reduced emissions, according to Rogers, is the state-of-the-art calibration that FEV was able to implement. FEV provided calibration of the engine cold start and performance, oil dilution models, DPF regeneration and supervisor, NOx trap purge and supervisor, Euro 5 OBD, and data set management.FEV employed its TOPexpert system in its calibration, including the TOPexpert PROcal Suite, and TOPexpert Vehicle Suite.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV