8. -- U.S. prosecutors are examining whether JPMorgan Chase (JPM - Get Report) failed to fully alert authorities to suspicions about Bernard Madoff, The New York Times reported, citing several people with direct knowledge of the matter.
9. -- Paychex (PAYX), the payroll processor, is expected to report third-quarter earnings of 39 cents a share on revenue of $592.6 million.
10. -- One person was killed and trains were halted after an earthquake with a magnitude of at least 6.1 struck Taiwan on Wednesday.
-- Written by Joseph Woelfel
>To contact the writer of this article, click here: Joseph Woelfel >To submit a news tip, send an email to: firstname.lastname@example.org.
Check Out Our Best Services for Investors
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Model portfolio
- Stocks trading below $10
- Intraday trade alerts