NEW YORK (TheStreet) -- Here are 10 things you should know for Wednesday, March 27:
1. -- U.S. stock futures were pointing to a pullback on Wall Street Wednesday after the S&P 500 climbed near its record during the prior session.
European stocks were falling slightly. Cyprus is expected to introduce capital controls when the country's banks reopen on Thursday.
Shares in Japan and Hong Kong finished with gains on Wednesday.
2. -- The economic calendar in the U.S. Wednesday includes pending home sales for February at 10 a.m. EDT.
3. -- U.S. stocks on Tuesday rose, with the S&P 500 closing less than 2 points from its all-time high, after a jump in U.S. durable goods orders and home prices bolstered the outlook for the world's largest economy. The S&P 500 rose 0.8% to 1,563.77. The Dow Jones Industrial Average increased 0.77% to 14,559.65. The Nasdaq climbed 0.53% to 3,252.48.
4. -- Wal-Mart (WMT), in a regulatory filing, said it's now "probable" the world's largest retailer will record losses related to allegations that company representatives bribed officials in Mexico to speed up expansion in the country. Wal-Mart said the issue in Mexico wouldn't have a material effect on its business, Reuters reported.
5. -- Ericsson (ERIC) is in talks to buy Microsoft's (MSFT) IPTV business, which makes software used by phone companies to deliver television over the Internet, people with knowledge of the matter told Bloomberg.
6. -- PVH (PVH), the clothing maker, is expected by Wall Street on Wednesday to report earnings of $1.50 a share on fourth-quarter sales of $1.6 billion.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV