Jelli Receives Patent For User-Controlled Programming
SAN MATEO, Calif., March 26, 2013 /PRNewswire/ -- Jelli ( http://www.jelli.com), the social radio platform, today announced that the U.S. Patent and Trademark Office (USPTO) has issued U.S. Patent No. 8,392,206, "Social Broadcasting User Experience."
This patent, which describes a broad range of methods related to audience participation with a broadcast, was issued on March 5, 2013. Broadcasting is defined broadly as any one-to-many communication regardless of transmission method (e.g., terrestrial, digital, satellite, streaming, etc.) or broadcast medium (e.g., radio, television, etc.).
"Jelli has made a significant R&D investment in both the technology, platform and underlying intellectual property around user-controlled broadcasting," said Mike Dougherty, CEO of Jelli. "This technology combines the reach of broadcast with the social engagement of the web, to unlock value for users, broadcasters and advertisers alike. We are pleased to receive a fundamental patent in this area to protect the innovations of our team, for our company and partners."About Jelli Jelli is a social radio platform that combines the reach of radio with the engagement of the web. Jelli's consumer experience fuses group listening with game mechanics to make radio more social and fun. Listeners control radio playlists through real-time voting and game elements, via free iPhone and Android apps and web experience ( http://www.jelli.com). Jelli's advertising platform enables real-time ad serving and listener engagement across social, mobile and broadcast platforms, creating unique insights for advertisers. Jelli's patented platform reaches over 23 million listeners weekly through over 175 radio stations throughout the United States and internationally. SOURCE Jelli, Inc.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV