Competitive Pricing Vital In The Asia-Pacific Digital And Computed Radiography Market, Finds Frost & Sullivan
KUALA LUMPUR, Malaysia, March 26, 2013 /PRNewswire/ -- Healthcare delivery and service markets in Asia-Pacific are increasingly focusing on radiography systems that bundle the benefits of reduced radiation, seamless workflow, safety measures, and attractive pricing. This has opened up opportunities for digital radiography (DR) and computed radiography (CR) vendors and encouraged participants to innovate digital technologies.
New analysis from Frost & Sullivan ( http://www.medtech.frost.com), Asia Pacific Digital and Computed Radiography Market Assessment, finds that the market earned revenues is estimated to reach US$776.5 million in 2017.
Asia-Pacific accounts for more than 60 percent of the world's population, which translates to a wider patient pool and increased procedure volume. Further, most countries in this region are positioning themselves as medical tourism destinations. This will prompt healthcare providers to adopt DR and CR for their significant benefits of high throughput, higher-resolution diagnostic images and improved patient comfort.
"The Asia-Pacific has traditionally been a cost-sensitive market. The presence of several domestic manufacturers and the region's low production costs ensure that the products are competitively priced," said Frost & Sullivan Healthcare Consultant Poornima Srinivasan. "Countries such as China, Malaysia, Thailand and Indonesia are particularly lucrative markets for DR and CR."The two technologies reduce recurring costs towards film, cassettes and chemicals by eliminating the need to develop x-rays, which, in turn, lowers the negative impact on the environment. It also has features for capturing and processing images at a speed of 10 to 20 seconds. However, Hospitals take longer to decide on purchases, as it involves considerable investment and justification for demonstrable return on investment. "Partnering with local vendors that manufacture radiology-oriented or picture archiving communication system network will help improve market penetration," noted Srinivasan. "As the Asia-Pacific market focuses on providing quality healthcare comparable with developed countries, offering innovative and affordable products appear to be the best way ahead." If you are interested in more information on this research, please send an email to Donna Jeremiah, Corporate Communications, at email@example.com, with your full name, company name, job title, telephone number, company email address, company website, city, state and country. Asia Pacific Digital and Computed Radiography Market Assessment is part of the Advanced Medical Technologies Growth Partnership Service program. Frost & Sullivan's related research services include: United States Bone Grafts and Bone Graft Substitutes Market, Anti-infectives Market in Malawi, Mauritius and Zimbabwe, and Western European Tissue Sealants and Topical Haemostats Market. All research services included in subscriptions provide detailed market opportunities and industry trends evaluated following extensive interviews with market participants. About Frost & SullivanFrost & Sullivan, the Growth Partnership Company, works in collaboration with clients to leverage visionary innovation that addresses the global challenges and related growth opportunities that will make or break today's market participants. Our "Growth Partnership" supports clients by addressing these opportunities and incorporating two key elements driving visionary innovation: The Integrated Value Proposition and The Partnership Infrastructure.
- The Integrated Value Proposition provides support to our clients throughout all phases of their journey to visionary innovation including: research, analysis, strategy, vision, innovation and implementation.
- The Partnership Infrastructure is entirely unique as it constructs the foundation upon which visionary innovation becomes possible. This includes our 360 degree research, comprehensive industry coverage, career best practices as well as our global footprint of more than 40 offices.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV