TORONTO, March 26, 2013 /PRNewswire/ --
AuRico Gold Inc. (TSX: AUQ) (NYSE: AUQ), ("AuRico" or the "Company") today reported its updated Reserves and Resources, as at December 31, 2012.
Mineral Reserves and Resources (as at December 31, 2012)(Detailed Mineral Reserve and Resource tables can be found at the end of this press release) Highlights As at December 31, 2012, the Company is reporting:
- Proven and Probable Mineral Gold Reserves of 6.8 million gold ounces, a 1.69 million ounce increase over 2011, primarily driven through reserve additions reported from the Kemess Underground Project.
- Reserves were essentially unchanged at the Young- Davidson mine with grades increasing by 1.6%.
- Reserves decreased by 6% at the El Chanate mine, however reserve grades increased by 3.1%.
Proven and Probable Mineral Reserves Gold ounces (000's) g/t Change Change December 31 2012 2011 (%) 2012 2011 (%) Young-Davidson 3,804 3,831 (0.7%) 2.60 2.56 1.6% El Chanate 1,204 1,284 (6.2%) 0.67 0.65 3.1% Kemess Underground 1,805 - 100% 0.56 - 100% Total 6,813 5,115 33% 1.05 1.47 (29%)  Detailed mineral reserve and mineral resource tables follow at the end of this press release.In addition to gold reserves, the Company has also reported copper reserves of:
- 619 million pounds at the Kemess Underground Project at a reserve grade of 0.28%, using a copper price of $3.00 per pound.
- Measured and Indicated gold resources of 1.8 million gold ounces,at a grade of 0.71 g/t; and
- Inferred gold resources of 1.4 million gold ounces,at grades of 1.78 g/t.
Gold Resources (in thousands of gold ounces) December 31, 2012 Measured & Indicated Inferred Young-Davidson 855 1,260 El Chanate 41 6 Kemess Underground 854 125 Orion (50%) 65 10 Total 1,815 1,400  Detailed mineral reserve and mineral resource tables follow at the end of this press release.The Company is also reporting by-product mineral resources:
- Indicated by-product resources including:
- 5.5 million silver ounces from the Orion Project (50% basis) at a grade of 309 g/t; and
- 346 million pounds of copper from the Kemess Underground Project at a grade of 0.24%.
- Inferred by-product resources including:
- 275,000 ounces of silver from the Orion Project (50% basis) at a grade of 95 g/t; and
- 46 million pounds of copper from the Kemess Underground Project at a grade of 0.21%.
Check Out Our Best Services for Investors
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Model portfolio
- Stocks trading below $10
- Intraday trade alerts