Sony Computer Entertainment America Partners With The World's Most Talented Developers To Further Expand Industry's Best Independent Game Portfolio For All PlayStation® Platforms
FOSTER CITY, Calif., March 25, 2013 /PRNewswire/ -- Sony Computer Entertainment America LLC (SCEA) today continued its commitment to delivering new and innovative experiences to gamers by introducing several one-of-a-kind titles from its growing independent developer portfolio for all PlayStation platforms, including the newly announced PlayStation®4 (PS4™) system. With several options for developers to publish on PlayStation®Network, including a flexible self-publishing process, a low barrier to entry, an accessible SDK and various funding opportunities such as the PlayStation Pub Fund, SCEA will continue to offer the best platform for independently published console games across the game industry.
"We've got an incredible team on the ground that talks to developers every day, and these new games we're announcing are a direct result of the team's proactive outreach and focus on working with top independent developers," said Adam Boyes, vice president, publisher and developer relations, SCEA. "Our process and approach in working with developers has evolved to incorporate a lot of flexibility into the process, including the way we pursue and discover new talent, help them with funding solutions and work together to deliver their best games onto PlayStation platforms."
The games unveiled today for PS4 include Zombie Studios' Blacklight: Retribution and Primal Carnage: Genesis from Lukewarm Media. These games will join Jonathan Blow's highly anticipated exploration-puzzler, The Witness, as self-published titles making their console debut on the PS4 system. In addition to supporting Blacklight: Retribution, the PlayStation Pub Fund, which provides back-end financial and marketing support to developers, adds fighting game Divekick and infographic adventure Metrico, which is a PlayStation®Vita (PS Vita) exclusive.The games were highlighted, along with additional details about SCEA's new developer and publisher support system and guidelines, at tonight's PlayStation press event during the Game Developers Conference 2013 in San Francisco. Below are additional details about the new games, developers and programs PlayStation is showcasing at GDC 2013: Blacklight: Retribution and Primal Carnage: Genesis Coming to the PlayStation 4 system Both Zombie Studios and Lukewarm Media are partnering with SCEA to debut their popular PC shooter franchises on console with PlayStation 4.
- With more than one-million players on PC, the Blacklight franchise will bring a new experience to the PS4 system with a further evolution of the futuristic free-to-play first-person shooter.
- Primal Carnage: Genesis for PS4 is a story driven, episodic single player adventure that takes place in a world where dinosaurs have been brought back to life. Lukewarm Media aims to resurrect the immersive dinosaur first person experience that people have been waiting for.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV