Nexstar Broadcasting (NXST) is a television broadcasting and digital media company engaged in acquisition, development and operation of television stations and interactive community Web sites in medium-sized markets in the U.S. This stock closed up 5.9% at $18.10 on Monday.
Monday's Volume: 817,000
Average Volume: 327,364Volume % Change: 131% From a technical perspective, NXST ripped higher here right off some near-term support at $17 with above-average volume. This move has sent shares of NXST into breakout territory, since the stock cleared some near-term overhead resistance and its former 52-week high of $17.50. This move also pushed shares of NXST above the upper end of its recent consolidation pattern between $16 and $17.50. Traders should now look for long-biased trades in NXST as long as it's trending above today's low of $17.08 or above $16 and then once it sustains a move or close above $17.50 to Monday's intraday high of $18.42 with volume that hits near or above 327,364 shares. If that breakout triggers soon, then NXST will set up to enter new 52-week-high territory above $18.42, which is bullish technical price action. Some possible upside targets off that move are $20 to $22. To see more stocks rising on unusual volume, check out the Stocks Rising On Unusual Volume portfolio on Stockpickr. -- Written by Roberto Pedone in Winderemere, Fla.
Twitter and become a fan on Facebook.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV