The Startup That Wants to Send Its Next Developer to Space
NEW YORK (TheStreet) -- Wall Street doesn't know it exists. Silicon Valley probably doesn't care. But there's something happening in Silicon Beach, the wide swath of Southern California -- anchored in the Santa Monica/Venice corridor -- home to a growing number of startups as well as major Internet, media, gaming and entertainment companies.
And there's an increasingly countless number of fresh startups led by some of the smartest, nicest, most inspirational people you'll ever come across. Start with this week's unedited, 20-plus minute conversation with PaeDae Founder/CEO Rob Emrich, look back at TheBeach Meets TheStreet's YouTube playlist to see previous talks and get set for Jeff Fluhr, the man who sold StubHub to eBay (EBAY) and now leads San Francisco startup Spreecast, next Tuesday.
As for PaeDae, it's a cool hook -- giving the next engineer it hires the chance to go to space. And I appreciate the company giving us the chance to break the novel news on TheStreet. But there's quite a bit more to this company.They're sort of stealth, which is cool. You likely have come across them in a desktop or mobile game or app, such as You Don't Know Jack, and not even known it, as Emrich explains in our talk. This 100-second video the company produced explains what PaeDae does and nicely compliments my discussion with Emrich. PaeDae -- "Awesomer" from PaeDae on Vimeo. Follow @rocco_thestreet --Written by Rocco Pendola in Santa Monica, Calif.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV