It should also be noted that many cash rich stocks offer dividends, but none of the names on this list fit that description. When Apple had loads of cash sitting around investors were very eager for a dividends announcement. They weren't disappointed. Would investors be foolish to expect the same from these hedge fund favorites? Or are these firms cautious about saving their cash for more difficult times?
Use this list as a starting point for your own analysis.
1. HomeAway, Inc. (AWAY): Operates an online marketplace for the vacation rental industry. Market cap at $2.77B, most recent closing price at $33.11.Average quarterly operating expense over the last five quarters at $60.83M, vs. most recent cash and short term investments at $269.81M, implies a Cash / Avg. Operating Expense ratio at 4.44. Net institutional purchases in the current quarter at 10.5M shares, which represents about 16.79% of the company's float of 62.53M shares. Shares shorted have decreased from 11.73M to 10.02M over the last month, a decrease which represents about 2.73% of the company's float of 62.53M shares. Days to cover ratio at 12.36 days.
2. Gulfport Energy Corp. (GPOR): Develops, and produces oil and gas in the Louisiana Gulf Coast. Market cap at $3.28B, most recent closing price at $42.40. Average quarterly operating expense over the last five quarters at $37.81M, vs. most recent cash and short term investments at $167.09M, implies a Cash / Avg. Operating Expense ratio at 4.42. Net institutional purchases in the current quarter at 15.2M shares, which represents about 21.18% of the company's float of 71.77M shares. Shares shorted have decreased from 6.11M to 5.18M over the last month, a decrease which represents about 1.3% of the company's float of 71.77M shares. Days to cover ratio at 3.44 days.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV