- University Strong – honoring innovation through research and technologies with Georgia's universities: Simple BoS Sunshot Project, a collaborative effort between Georgia Tech, Radiance Solar and Suniva;
- Built Environment – honoring excellence in energy and planning: Better Buildings Challenge, a public/private initiative with a goal of reducing energy and water consumption by at least 20 percent in participating buildings across Atlanta by 2020;
- Southern Capital – honoring local entrepreneurs, financial institutions or others who incubate start-up businesses or new ventures that advance sustainability: Advanced Technology Development Center (ATDC), housed at Georgia Tech, is the nation's first university-based business incubator. Since 1986, it has turned out 112 science and technology companies, and companies associated with ATDC have raised more than $1 billion in venture capital since 1999.
- Power of Place – honoring initiatives by community organizations or business groups that develop stronger, sustainable communities: Midtown Alliance, for creating the first urban EcoDistrict in the southeast;
- Liquid Assets – honoring sustainable water solutions: Google and the Douglasville – Douglas County Water & Sewer Authority, for their work in a joint public/private water reuse project designed to conserve water and help keep the Chattahoochee River clean;
- Making the Connections – honoring smart supply chain solutions: UPS, for its innovative supply chain solution model, creating efficient routing and network optimization and using an alternative fuel flight to help deliver nearly 16 million packages each day to more than 200 countries and territories worldwide.
- Emerging Leader – Michael Cheyne, director of asset management and sustainability at Hartsfield-Jackson Atlanta International Airport, for his work and leadership in developing and implementing a sustainable management plan for Hartsfield- Jackson;
- Lifetime Achievement Award – Jack Dozier, executive director, Georgia Association of Water Professionals, for his work in protecting Georgia's water resources and role in helping to develop state water policy.
Metro Atlanta Chamber Honors Organizations, Businesses And Individuals Creating Sustainable Solutions At Inaugural E3 Awards
Check Out Our Best Services for Investors
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Model portfolio
- Stocks trading below $10
- Intraday trade alerts