- While 45% of companies receiving seed funding in 2010 had obtained Series A funding by the end of the following year (2011), only 27% of companies receiving seed funding in 2011 had received Series A funding by the end of the following year (2012).
- The use of a preferred stock structure, as opposed to a convertible debt structure, increased from 59% in 2011 to 67% in 2012.
- The percentage of seed deals led by venture capitalists, as opposed to seed funds or angels, increased from 27% in 2011 to 34% in 2012.
- The percentage of software companies in the survey increased from 25% in 2011 to 34% in 2012, and accordingly the percentage of internet/digital media companies decreased from 75% to 66%.
Fenwick & West Releases 2012 Internet/Digital Media And Software Industries Seed Financing Survey Showing Strong Valuations, But Decline In Percentage Obtaining Series A Financing
Check Out Our Best Services for Investors
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Model portfolio
- Stocks trading below $10
- Intraday trade alerts
More than 30 investing pros with skin in the game give you actionable insight and investment ideas.