NEW YORK ( TheStreet) -- Last year, Reuters columnist Felix Salmon, who graciously allows TheStreet to pick up his always smart and thoughtful daily musings, wrote a pair of articles about Apple (AAPL) CEO Tim Cook's sexuality.
In the first one -- Don't Ignore Tim Cook's Sexuality -- Salmon made several terrific observations. One of the best came when he chided the media's refusal to discuss the issue:
There's no ethical dilemma when it comes to reporting on Cook's sexuality: rather, the ethical dilemma comes in not reporting it, thereby perpetuating the idea that there's some kind of stigma associated with being gay. Yes, the stigma does still exist in much of society. But it's not the job of the press to perpetuate it. Quite the opposite.
I suppose Salmon had to write the second one -- Why I'm Talking About Tim Cook's Sexuality -- where he took every objection to his decision to write about Cook and turned them, point-by-point, on their collective ear.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV