SILVER SPRING, Md., March 25, 2013 /PRNewswire/ -- For more than 40 years, Tom Brokaw has held a front-row seat to history while traveling the world to capture pivotal events in his NBC News documentaries. Now, in the Military Channel's THE BROKAW FILES, the legendary news anchor and best-selling author revisits the most iconic moments from these award-winning broadcasts, like Ronald Reagan during his final days in the Oval Office; World War II veterans returning to the beaches of Normandy four decades after D-Day; and a day in the life of young crew members aboard a nuclear aircraft carrier deployed to Afghanistan. Brokaw reflects on those events and provides his own fresh perspective, including personal stories he's never shared, that place these seminal events into a modern context. THE BROKAW FILES, produced exclusively for the Military Channel by NBC News' Peacock Productions, premieres Thursday, May 30 at 10 PM E/P.
- USS Stennis Aircraft Carrier premieres Thursday, May 30 at 10 PM E/P Ten years ago, Brokaw stepped on deck of the aircraft carrier USS John C. Stennis to learn what a day in the life is like for the 5,000-member crew aboard a nuclear-powered aircraft carrier going into war against al-Qaeda. This year, the Stennis returned home to a heroes' welcome after a 7-month deployment in Afghanistan. While thousands have come and gone in the decade in between his visits, Brokaw finds that the sense of honor, duty, camaraderie, and patriotism remains aboard.
- The Greatest Generation premieres Thursday, June 6 at 10 PM E/P Inspired by a trip to Normandy on the 40 th anniversary of D-Day, Brokaw became fascinated by the cultural shifts that occurred as WWII soldiers returned home to America to rebuild their lives and their nation before passing the torch to the next generation. Now, Brokaw reflects on the modern-day effort to document heroic and untold stories of this generation and the importance of preserving the rich history of a defining era.
- 9/11 Air Traffic Controllers premieres Thursday, June 13 at 10 PM E/P In the chaos of 9/11, the men and women controlling the communication in the skies above America had to piece together a tragic puzzle. One year after the attacks, Brokaw sat down for an exclusive interview with these heroic air traffic controllers to discuss the events of this unimaginable attack on America's homeland and the lessons learned. More than a decade later, Military Channel catches up with one of those controllers about how the events of 9/11 forever changed the industry and the lives of air traffic controllers.
- The Commander in Chief premieres Thursday, June 20 at 10 PM E/P Brokaw goes behind the tour route's velvet ropes to experience a day in the life of a U.S. president. Brokaw shadowed the Clinton White House at the one hundred-day mark of his presidency, and discussed war strategy with George W. Bush in an exclusive interview aboard Air Force One. Brokaw now discusses the legacy of these presidents as well as their vastly different approaches to life after the White House.
- Ronald Reagan premieres Thursday, June 27 at 10 PM E/P In an interview conducted just two days before Reagan left office, Brokaw sat down with the beloved out-going president to reflect on his life, his accomplishments, and his vision of the future. Now, Brokaw looks back at that remarkable interview to ponder how Reagan, who some credit as being "the architect of modern conservatism," framed the Republican platform on which all future party candidates built their campaigns.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV