On March 15, 2013, W. R. Grace & Co. (NYSE: GRA), through its wholly-owned subsidiary, Alltech Associates, Inc., filed a lawsuit in U.S. District Court for the District of Delaware against Teledyne Technologies, Inc., doing business as Teledyne Isco of Lincoln, Neb., for infringement of four Grace U.S. Patents that cover its proprietary Reveleris® X2 flash chromatography system. Flash chromatography is a process to separate target molecules and purify a product from a complex mixture in minimal time, an important step in a broad range of scientific applications.
Grace introduced the Reveleris® flash chromatography system in 2009, bringing new advanced capabilities to flash chromatography. Since then, Grace has been granted four Reveleris-related U.S. Patents, in addition to many industry awards.
“Patent protection is absolutely essential in a marketplace that values innovation. Companies like Grace, who invest heavily in research and development, can only create the products customers demand if a return on that investment can be assured,” said Laurie Andriate, Vice President/General Manager of Grace’s Discovery Sciences group.
About GraceGrace is a leading global supplier of catalysts; engineered and packaging materials; and specialty construction chemicals and building materials. The company’s three industry-leading business segments—Grace Catalysts Technologies, Grace Materials Technologies and Grace Construction Products—provide innovative products, technologies, and services that enhance the quality of life. Grace employs approximately 6,300 people in over 40 countries and had 2012 net sales of $3.16 billion. More information Grace is available at www.grace.com.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV