Louisiana Weekly Unemployment Claims Decrease
BATON ROUGE, La. (AP) â¿¿ First-time claims for unemployment insurance in Louisiana for the week ending March 16, decreased from the previous week's total.
The state labor department figures released Monday show the initial claims dropped to 1,889 from the previous week's total of 2,860. This is the lowest level since March 22, 2008, when initial claims were at 1,862. A decrease in the construction, health care and social assistance sectors contributed to the lower overall numbers.
Initial claims were below the comparable week a year earlier at 2,830.
The four-week moving average, which is a less volatile measure of claims, decreased to 2,639 from the previous week's average of 2,773.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV