PartnerRe Ltd. (NYSE: PRE) today announced the formation of Lorenz Re Ltd., a Special Purpose Insurer domiciled in Bermuda. Lorenz Re was capitalized with $75 million through the issuance of multiple classes of preference shares. It will provide additional capacity to PartnerRe on a diversified portfolio of catastrophe reinsurance treaties over a multi-year period.
Costas Miranthis, President and Chief Executive Officer of PartnerRe said, “Lorenz Re allows us to provide additional capacity to a number of our clients while optimizing the deployment of our capital. Investors will benefit from PartnerRe’s twenty years of experience and expertise in the catastrophe market, as well as access to our diversified portfolio of catastrophe risks.”
Aon Benfield Securities, Inc. acted as advisor on the transaction. Prime Management Limited, a Bermuda company specializing in the administration of investment funds and special purpose insurance vehicles, will serve as the insurance manager of Lorenz Re.
PartnerRe Ltd. is a leading global reinsurer, providing multi-line reinsurance to insurance companies. The Company, through its wholly owned subsidiaries, also offers capital markets products that include weather and credit protection to financial, industrial and service companies. Risks reinsured include property, casualty, motor, agriculture, aviation/space, catastrophe, credit/surety, engineering, energy, marine, specialty property, specialty casualty, multiline and other lines in its Non-life operations, mortality, longevity and accident and health in its Life operations, and alternative risk products. For the year ended December 31, 2012, total revenues were $5.6 billion. At December 31, 2012, total assets were $23.0 billion, total capital was $7.7 billion and total shareholders’ equity was $6.9 billion.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV