CLEVELAND, March 25, 2013 /PRNewswire/ -- Forest City Enterprises, Inc., (NYSE: FCEA and FCEB) today announced that it has closed the sale of Millender Center, a 339-unit apartment community in Detroit, Michigan, to RCA VG, LLC. The gross selling price reflected a cap rate of 4.3 percent based on the property's 2012 net operating income, and the transaction generated net cash proceeds to Forest City of approximately $15 million.
"As we execute on our strategy of focusing on our core markets, we continue to take advantage of opportunities to sell assets in non-core markets," said David J. LaRue, Forest City president and chief executive officer. "We use liquidity from dispositions to reduce debt and further improve our balance sheet, invest in our mature portfolio and activate entitled development opportunities in core markets."
Forest City's core markets include New York City, Greater Washington, D.C., Boston, Denver, Dallas, Los Angeles and San Francisco.About Forest CityForest City Enterprises, Inc. is an NYSE-listed national real estate company with $10.7 billion in total assets. The company is principally engaged in the ownership, development, management and acquisition of commercial and residential real estate and land throughout the United States. For more information, visit www.forestcity.net . SOURCE Forest City Enterprises, Inc.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV