For the second fiscal quarter ended February 28, 2013, the company's net income totaled $3.6 million or $0.06 per diluted share compared with net income of $1.7 million or $0.03 per diluted share in the same period prior year. Excluding a $0.9 million tax benefit that includes the retroactive reinstatement of the Work Opportunity Tax Credit (WOTC) and resolution of certain tax matters, as well as a $0.5 million ($0.3 million after-tax) charge from the write-off of debt origination costs associated with the $20.0 million early extinguishment of debt, net income per diluted share was $0.05 for the second quarter of fiscal 2013.
The following non-GAAP adjustments are intended to supplement the presentation of the company's financial results in accordance with GAAP. The company believes that the presentation of these items provides useful information to investors and management regarding the underlying business trends and the performance of the company's ongoing operations and is helpful for period-to-period and company-to-company comparisons, which management believes will assist investors in analyzing the financial results of the company and predicting future performance.
|Quarter Ended||Quarter Ended|
|February 28, 2013||February 29, 2012|
|Net||Diluted||Net||Diluted||Net Income||Diluted EPS|
|Income||EPS||Income||EPS||$||Change||% Change||$||Change||% Change|
|Reported - GAAP|
|After-tax loss from early extinguishment of debt|
|Retroactive tax benefit of WOTC and resolution of tax matters|
|Adjusted - Non-GAAP||$||3,035||$||0.05||$||1,677||$||0.03||$||1,358||81||%||$||0.02||67||%|
Company drive-in sales in the second quarter of fiscal 2013 decreased by $3.5 million compared to the second quarter of fiscal 2012 primarily as a result of the refranchising of 34 company drive-ins during the second fiscal quarter of 2012, partially offset by an increase in same-store sales.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV