THE COLONY, Texas, March 25, 2013 (GLOBE NEWSWIRE) -- Pie Five Pizza Co., a subsidiary of Pizza Inn Holdings, Inc. (Nasdaq:PZZI), has awarded the first multi-unit franchise agreement in the state of Florida. The deal with one of Florida's most successful entrepreneurs, L. Gale Lemerand, will introduce the fast-casual brand that was named a 2012 Hot Concept of the Year winner by Nation's Restaurant News to the state with aggressive growth plans to develop 10 units across the Orlando, Gainesville, Melbourne and Daytona markets.
A photo accompanying this release is available at http://www.globenewswire.com/newsroom/prs/?pkgid=17785
"One of the hottest concepts in America is coming to Florida," said Randy Gier, CEO of Pie Five. "Pie Five is making a bold entry into the state with a great business leader, and soon local residents will get a taste of our award-winning pizza dining experience."Lemerand is a sole owner or partner in 29 restaurants in Florida. They include 17 Stonewood Grill & Tavern restaurants, five Peach Valley Café locations, four Houligan's sports bars, as well as Perkins Family Restaurant and Bakery, a tapas restaurant called The Dish and Ormond Wine Company. He previously owned one of the country's largest insulation companies that he sold to a Fortune 200 company. Also known as a prominent philanthropist, Lemerand is one of the biggest donors to the University of Florida where a scholarship fund, the street to Gator stadium, the athletic center, the football practice field and a number of other gifts bear his name.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV