UPDATE: Family Research Council Experts Attending Supreme Court Marriage Oral Arguments, March For Marriage Rally
WASHINGTON, March 25, 2013 /PRNewswire-USNewswire/ -- Family Research Council President Tony Perkins appeared on CBS' Face the Nation yesterday in advance of oral arguments on the marriage cases that the U.S. Supreme Court will review this week. Additionally, Perkins will discuss the oral arguments and the March for Marriage on his daily radio show, Washington Watch, heard weekdays from 5-6 p.m. Eastern on the American Family Radio network and online at www.TonyPerkins.com.
Other activities related to the oral arguments include:
- FRC is a co-sponsor of the March for Marriage taking place outside of the Supreme Court on Tuesday. Cathy Ruse, J.D., senior legal fellow, will speak at the March for Marriage rally.
- Family Research Council's Ken Klukowski, J.D. will be attending Supreme Court oral arguments on the Defense of Marriage Act and Proposition 8 Tuesday and Wednesday. He is the co-author of a legal brief in the marriage litigation.
- Additionally Peter Sprigg, senior fellow for policy studies, will also be available to discuss oral arguments, the March for Marriage and the issues related to the Defense of Marriage Act and Proposition 8.
- Chris Gacek, J.D., Ph.D., will be available to discuss FRC's amicus briefs in the DOMA and Prop 8 cases. Gacek worked with Paul B. Linton, J.D. of the Thomas More Society on the briefs.
- Many of the 18,000 pastors within FRC's network of churches are engaged in a series of "Stand for Marriage Sundays." The church leaders are encouraging their congregations to pray and stand for marriage as the union of one man and one woman.
Tony Perkins on CBS' Face the Nation: http://www.cbsnews.com/8301-3460_162-57576019/face-the-nation-transcripts-march-24-2013-same-sex-marriage-foreign-policy/Defense of Marriage Act amicus brief: http://www.frc.org/legalbrief/amicus-brief-us-v-windsor Proposition 8 amicus brief: http://www.frc.org/legalbrief/amicus-brief-hollingsworth-v-perry SOURCE Family Research Council
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV