Box is extremely similar to Dropbox, as both companies offer cloud content management services and file sharing for consumers, but Box goes about it a slightly different way.
Led by CEO Aaron Levie, the Los Alto, Calif.-based Box caters more toward businesses and enterprise then Dropbox does currently. Box has more than 120,000 company clients, including Dell (DELL), and caters more toward productivity apps that sync up with Box and make it easier to share outside of Box, on places such as Facebook (FB) or LinkedIn (LNKD).Box also offers free storage, starting at 5GB worth, but you have to pay if you want to drop files from your computer into your Box account, a stark change from Dropbox. It's not known how much Box is generating in annual revenue, but a recent private equity funding round valued the company between $1.2 billion and $1.5 billion. In a recent interview with Reuters, CEO Levie has said the company probably will go public at some point.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
Jim Cramer and Stephanie Link actively manage a real portfolio and reveal their money management tactics while giving advanced notice before every trade.
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
Jim Cramer's protege, David Peltier, identifies the best of breed dividend stocks that will pay a reliable AND significant income stream.
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
All of Real Money, plus 15 more of Wall Street's sharpest minds delivering actionable trading ideas, a comprehensive look at the market, and fundamental and technical analysis.
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
Our options trading pros provide daily market commentary and over 100 monthly option trading ideas and strategies to help you become a well-seasoned trader.
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV