Paul DiMeo Helps Boomers Transform Their Lives In RLTV's New Series Second Act Premiering April 18 At 8pm ET
BALTIMORE, March 25, 2013 /PRNewswire/ -- Adults 50+ all across America are seizing the opportunity to realize their personal passions, transform their lives or build new careers based on their life experiences. Some of them can use a guiding hand. Second Act , premiering Thursday, April 18 at 8 PM ET, is RLTV's new series that takes adults 50+ at a critical transition point in their lives, and arms them with the tools they need to succeed. Host Paul DiMeo , the popular carpenter and designer best known from nine seasons on two-time Emmy Award-winning Extreme Makeover: Home Edition, assesses the participants' strengths and challenges. He then assembles a team of experts to provide encouragement, advice and assistance to help them get off on the right foot.
"I am so delighted to be working with RLTV on this series," said DiMeo. "As many people know, I have a passion for renovation, and, as a boomer who has undergone life transformations myself, it's particularly rewarding to help people renovate their lives and prepare them for the next act, which is most often a life change to which they are deeply committed."
Boomers are craving programming that is made for them and relevant to their lives, just as it was when they were in their 20's, 30's, and 40's, according to research conducted for RLTV by Millward Brown. The study also found that boomers are more engaged viewers when programs contain content that help them improve their lives."RLTV delivers content specifically designed for the wants and needs of Generation 50+, and Paulie DiMeo and Second Act embody the heart of it: programming that is entertaining and relevant, and can inspire and help us improve and transform our lives," said RLTV Senior Vice President of Programming and Production Elliot Jacobson. Some of the topics featured in Second Act will include:
- Going To The Dogs – once her kids are grown, a woman opens a doggie daycare but quickly realizes she is in over her head. Can Paul and his team help her turn the business around before she loses everything? ( April 18)
- The Show Must Go On - a woman is laid off from her job and with her severance launches an African American community theatre. She's a good director, but can she learn how to pitch and raise money for her productions in order to save her dream? ( April 25)
- Serving Up Success - a couple have always longed to own their own restaurant and nearly achieved this years ago but their dreams were put on hold. Now, can these restaurateurs find success in a very competitive, challenging, and physical industry? ( May 2)
- Comic Relief - a man, looking for purpose in his life after his career as a government attorney, has always wanted to be a standup comedian. Can he make it in a New York City comedy club? ( May 9)
Check Out Our Best Services for Investors
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Model portfolio
- Stocks trading below $10
- Intraday trade alerts