Five Tips To Increase Your Chances Of Getting A Small Business Bank Loan
ABA releases series of valuable banking tips for small business owners
WASHINGTON, March 25, 2013 /PRNewswire-USNewswire/ -- In honor of National Mom and Pop Business Owners Day on March 29, 2013, the American Bankers Association releases the following tips to help small business owners best position themselves to obtain small business bank loans. "Five Tips to Increase Your Chances of Getting a Small Business Bank Loan," the first in a series of tips to be released throughout the year, provides a rare glimpse into how bankers think and is intended to help small business owners develop a mutually beneficial relationship with a bank, prepare to get loans and evaluate offers.
1) Get to know bankers at several financial institutions in your community.
Before requesting a loan, find out which financial institutions in your market make loans to firms like yours. Not all banks specialize in business loans. Some specialize in lending only to firms in certain industries. Others lend only to those in certain stages of the business life cycle (no startups, for example). Work with bankers who understand your industry and find out how the current financial crisis has affected credit availability in your community. Not all banks have been equally affected by today's financial crisis.Another reason to deal with banks experienced in your industry relates to the financial advice they can offer. Because these bankers work with firms facing the same industry-related problems that may challenge you, they're in a better position to provide helpful advice and financial products tailored to your firm's needs. Many times the advice a banker gives is far more important than the product or service they sell. Seek a banker who can give financial advice that will help you survive and thrive in today's economy. In turn, you should reward that banker with your business and your loyalty.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV