ANN ARBOR, Mich., March 25, 2013 /PRNewswire/ -- Domino's Pizza (NYSE: DPZ) is, after pioneering pizza delivery 53 years ago and establishing itself as the recognized world leader in pizza delivery, saying something it never thought it would to the pizza makers in its nearly 5,000 U.S. stores: slow down.
After the debut of its Handmade Pan Pizza last fall, Domino's is now revealing to customers its belief that slower is better when it comes to preparing the latest permanent menu item.
A national campaign, beginning today, reveals the Handmade Pan Pizza – made from fresh, never-frozen dough – takes a bit longer to make and bake, but Domino's is willing to now make exceptions, after decades of touting speedy pizza-making and prompt delivery. The new TV spot features clips from vintage Domino's Pizza commercials from the 1980s."The word is spreading, but there are still many people out there who have yet to try our Handmade Pan Pizza," said Russell Weiner, Domino's Pizza chief marketing officer. "Our hope is that, by continuing to tell the story of what makes this awesome product so unique to our menu, that people will continue to discover that Domino's is now in the pan pizza game." The campaign stars Robert Gavitt, a Domino's Pizza franchise owner from Dallas, Texas, who helps explain why the Handmade Pan Pizzas need just a bit more time to reach the golden-brown perfection customers deserve. "Being a Domino's franchise owner since 1989, I can attest that slowing down has never been a part of the Domino's culture – especially considering we are the company that has proudly held a World's Fastest Pizza Maker competition since 1983," said Gavitt. "However, for those who enjoy our Handmade Pan Pizza, it's the right thing to do – and if it means a better experience for our fans and customers, we are all for it."
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV